Five Pick Me Up’s for Your Mid Week Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Below are five things to help you if you’re stuck in a mid week slump, or really just need a pick me up!

1. These dogs/any dogs

Honestly nothing makes me happier than seeing a dog, let alone four dogs beautifully looking off in the distance. Cute dogs=the best pick me up! If you need study break or anything this week, I would definitely recommend looking at the instagram account @thedogist   

2. Motivational Quotes 

Whenever I am feeling overstressed or crummy, I always go on Pinterest and look at motivational quotes. As cheesy as it sounds, if you write down one of the quotes and look at it during the week, it actually helps.  

3. Pizza 

Whenever I am having my worst day or feeling the most slumped, pizza is always there for me. How can you be sad while eating a hot cheesy slice of heaven. Dominos is currently having a deal where if you get one large pizza, you get a second one for free. The more pizza, the merrier.  

4. Solo/Group Dance Party  

These are always the best pick me up! If you put on your favorite songs and just dance, it honestly will brighten your day and hopefully put you in a better mood. They will help you destress and not feel as worried about upcoming assignments.  

5. Christmas is less than 4 months away and that is honestly the best motivation! 

Just remember that very soon, you will be on break, drinking hot chocolate, opening presents and feeling incredibly merry!  

Maddie Huggins is a fourth year student at the University of Cincinnati. Originally from Columbus, she quickly learned to swap out the OSU scarlet and grey for UC red and black. Maddie has loved writing since she was a little girl and is always down for a good time. She prides herself in being the world's best hugger.