burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Fall Runway Looks For Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

One of the best things about a new season is looking through the runway shows of my favorite designers. I look for recurring patterns and try to scout trends as well as search for outfit inspiration. It’s said “everything old is new again,” and this fall is no exception. The ‘60s have made another emergence with turtlenecks and belted coats. Designers have found a way to make pastel new again for the cooler weather.

Here are five of the season’s most wearable trends along with where you can find similar pieces for less!

#1: Belted Jacket

1) Forever 21, $45

2) Target, $40

I found one of these robe coats in a gorgeous caramel color a few seasons ago at a consignment shop. At the time, no one was wearing them, so I always felt a little weird donning it because, like the name suggests, it looks like a robe. Since they’re on trend now, I can break mine out with confidence! If you’re looking for a coat that’s a step up from the traditional peacoat or Northface, this is a stylish and super comfy option. The belt also gives definition to your waist, too, so you will not look bulky.

#2: Monochromatic Layers

Leftmost images via Style.com

1) BlackFive.com, $51

2) Uniqlo.com, $20

3) Uniqlo.com, $20

Don’t be afraid to go monochromatic with a variety of greys in different shades, textures, and patterns. One way you can achieve this streamlined look is by pairing a turtleneck and pleated skirt together and throwing a lapel coat on top. Très chic!

#3: Oversized Sweaters

Top right image via Style.com

1) Forever 21, $18

2) Forever 21, $25

3) H&M, $40

Oversized sweaters are all over the runways this season. Note that on Stella McCartney’s model, her sleeves are extra long. This is going to be one cozy fall and winter! You may want to pair this kind of sweater with a slim pant to even the proportions.

#4: Winter Pastels

Left image via Style.com

1) Misselfridge.com, $4 

2) Theicon.com.au, $25

3) Etsy.com, $18

4) Boohoo.com, $26

Pastels are no longer just for spring! Simply because it’s almost winter doesn’t mean you have to wear only dark shades and neutrals! I am a sucker for pops of color in an outfit; if you’re like me, you may want to choose the subtler route. Look for pastel hair ties, jewelry, or nail polish to give your look a fresh take. If you’re going bold, go for a sweater or pair of jeans in one of these sugary hues.

#5: A-Lines & Shift Dresses

Top right image via Style.com

1) JohnLewis.com, $56

2) TheIconic.com.au, $28

3) Monki.com, $44

4) JohnLewis.com, $64

Last season it was all about the return of the ‘90s, but this time around, the ‘60s are making a comeback! This means slight A-line cuts and shift dresses. To make yours fall appropriate, try it with socks and boots (as shown above), and layer with a long-sleeved top underneath.

What fall trends are you excited for? We’d love to hear your runway style tips!

Niyah

Cincinnati

Niyah is a fashion deign major at the University of Cincinnati (class of 2019). She's the editor-in-chief and creator of the fashion blog InexpensiveChic.com. At 19 years old, she’s an aspiring fashion stylist. When she's not blogging, you can find her modeling, shopping, writing poetry, singing to an R&B song, watching TV on her laptop or doing yoga/pilates.