Dorm Cooking Series 101: Homemade Pot Pie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

When I’m craving a classic homestyle meal but don’t have enough time to actually cook the food, I always pull out my mom’s deliciously easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe. It’s one of my favorite meals and only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to prepare, uses one bowl to mix everything in, and takes 1 hour to cook. Therefore leaving you free to do homework, put on makeup or do your hair for a night out, or watch approximately 3 episodes of The Office. Everyone will think you’re the next Julia Child by the time you pull this delectable dish out of the oven :)

2 cans of shredded chicken breast

2 cans cream of potato soup

1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables (I use soup mix)

2 teaspoons thyme

2/3 cup of milk

Pre-made pie crusts (In the cheese/yogurt area at the Corry Kroger)

9” pie dish

1. Thaw the dough and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  2. Mix the all the ingredients together
  3. Place the bottom crust in the pie dish, add all the filling in, add the top crust and seal it. Then add 5 to 6 slits in the top of the pie.
  4. Put it in the oven and bake for an hour

Leftovers last a week :)

Lauren Lewis

Cincinnati

Lauren Lewis is a fourth year at the University of Cincinnati double majoring in International Affairs and Creative Writing. When she's not on Pinterest fawning over recipes and crafts, she's drinking copious amounts of chai tea, finding the hidden treasures of Cincinnati, and shopping for inexpensive books at Good Will.