Deborah Kemp: Future Cupcake Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Deborah KempHometown: Chapel Hill, North CarolinaFavorite Food: Mac and Cheese and Chicken NuggetsZodiac Sign: AriesMajor: Early Childhood EducationCampus Involvement: Phi Mu Fraternity, Kappa Delta Pi, College Mentors for KidsFavorite Song: “Burnin’ Up” by the Jonas BrothersDream Job: To be second grade teacher and own a bakeryInteresting Fact: I am half British, my dad is from England and his entire side of the family lives there.Hobbies: I love baking, crafting, and fishing.Life Motto: “It’s fine.” Relationship Status: It’s complicated… just kidding! I’ve had a boyfriend for 3 years.Reason I Chose UC: The campus is small and beautiful, there’s friendly people, and I thought it was the perfect location.Embarrassing Story: One time I FaceTimed my friend in my sleep and I had no memory that I FaceTimed them until they told me the next day. We FaceTimed for four hours and I didn’t remember any of it.Favorite TV Show(s): The Office and Criminal MindsIf you could open a bakery anywhere in the world, where would it be? : I would love to own a bakery in New York City because it’s always lively and there are a lot of amazing bakeries and opportunities there. 

Lauren Lewis

Cincinnati

Lauren Lewis is a fourth year at the University of Cincinnati double majoring in International Affairs and Creative Writing. When she's not on Pinterest fawning over recipes and crafts, she's drinking copious amounts of chai tea, finding the hidden treasures of Cincinnati, and shopping for inexpensive books at Good Will.