Wellness

Cherish the Memories With Family This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Family is sometimes a hard concept for people to wrap their head around. Not everyone in a family gets along and everyone must understand that when growing up. There may have been a falling out in years past or lost contact over time.

When this happens, it is hard for me to see this happen because my family means everything to me. I thankfully have a very strong bond with my family members from my mother’s side of the family. When I am with these people, we have a bond like no other (blood). It is special every moment together. My best memories are from these gatherings whether it is a random weekend for a football game or family vacation these memories last forever.

If you are lonely this holiday season, ask yourself these questions.

Do you ever remember the good times you had with family members when you were younger and wonder how they are doing?

Call them and catch up with them!

Do you ever wish you took the extra effort to visit a family member that is in a city that you are just passing through?

Reach out to the family member and take the extra time to reconnect. I promise you this will go a long way with relationship building.

You never know when a tragedy may happen where you wish you did this. You will not regret not taking the extra effort to text or visit a family member. This holiday season my goal to you is to reach out to the people in your past that you may have lost contact with over years. Tell them you were thinking of them or even just saying hello. Be thankful that family members will always be there for you not matter what.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Be thankful for the wonderful life we have!

Erin Evans

Cincinnati '22

Erin is a current student at the University of Cincinnati.
Emma Segrest

Cincinnati '22

Emma is a current Creative Writing and Journalism major at the University of Cincinnati and works as the Editorial Captain for Her Campus UC. When she is not writing she can be found reading Jane Austen or tending to her plants.