This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

We all know the feeling. We get home for break, things wind down and next thing we know we’re bingeing everything on T.V. If you start running out of ideas of things to do (or shows to watch), look no further than these lists! There are hundreds are Christmas movies and here are some of the best ones to fit any mood.

If you’re in the mood for a comedy…

Christmas fills the air with joy. Why not also fill your nights with laughter? Enjoy these Christmas comedies that never seem to get old.

• Elf (2003)

• Jingle All the Way (1996)

• Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

• National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)

If you’re in the mood for something romantic…

Who doesn’t love a Christmas love story? Snuggle up with your loved ones or have a girls night with these Christmas movies. You just might end up falling in love with them.

• Holiday in Handcuffs (2007)

• Serendipity (2001)

• Literally SO many Hallmark movies

Hallmark makes too many Christmas movies to count. To find their schedule just look on their website.

If you’re in the mood for something nostalgic…

Everyone knows these movies. Bring back feelings from your childhood with these movies below:

• Santa Claus is Comin’ To Town (1970)

• Frosty the Snowman (1969)

• Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)

• A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

If you’re in the mood for a classic…

There’s something about an old, classic movie that makes it feel a little more like Christmas. These movies are great to watch with others and your parents will appreciate them as well. Sit, relax, and let these movies take you back to a simpler time.

• It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)

• A Christmas Story (1983)

• Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

• A Christmas Carol (1984)

If you’re in the mood for something new (and all of them can be found on Netflix!)…

Need a break from all those Hallmark movies? Look no further than Netflix! Netflix has been busy making dozens of new Christmas movies. Be sure to check them out!

• The Princess Switch (2018)

• Christmas Inheritance (2017)          

• A Christmas Prince (2017) & A Christmas Prince: Royal Wedding (2018)

If you’re not super in the Christmas spirit…

Not even always loves Christmas. If you’re one of them, these movies are a great alternative to mainstream Christmas movies. All of them have just a hint of Christmas and are still great to watch during break!

• Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

• The Harry Potter Series (2001-2011)

• Edward Scissorhands (1990)

• Mean Girls (2004)

While I think these movies are all great, I hope they can also make your holiday break a little more fun if you get bored! What other movies are you going to be putting on your list?

Cassie Gruhot

Cincinnati '20

Cassie is a Marketing major at the Carl H. Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati. She hopes to pursue a career in advertising and product development. In her spare time, she enjoys watching Netflix, going to her club meetings, hanging with her family and friends, and volunteering in the community.
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.