Best and Worst Looks from the 2015 Grammy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Award shows are always a time for Hollywood’s hottest stars to don some of the best (and worst) ensembles that fashion has to offer. In case you missed the red carpet, here are some of our most loved and hated looks from the 57th Annual Grammy Awards.

Best Dressed

Nicki Minaj. Nicki looks flawless in this sexy black gown. Loving the simplicity of her look—something that is definitely underappreciated when it comes to Minaj and her bold style. The simple hair and makeup compliments her look perfectly. SLAY.

Taylor Swift. T-Swift nailed it with this bright blue gown. I loved seeing Taylor switch it up and try something a bit more fun instead of going with her usual, classic Hollywood-esque look with the signature red lip. The purple heels are a perfect touch! So fun.

Zendaya. I am easily obsessed with this look—so simple, yet striking. The actress/singer looks sweet and sexy, revealing just enough with the single sleeve and the slit. From her caramel heels to the hair and makeup, this look could not be more well-done.

Ariana Grande. Is there ever a time when Ariana doesn’t look flawless?

Jhene Aiko. This super-feminine beige dress looks perfect against Jhene’s warm complexion. I would have liked to see her makeup a bit softer and warmer, but overall, the look is beautiful.

Jessie J. This sultry gown looks breathtaking on Jessie J. She kept her hair, makeup and accessories simple, leaving the focus on the dress and its intricate beadwork. Devilishy sexy, yet soft and sweet. Stunning.

Lady Gaga. I was pleasantly surprised upon seeing Lady Gaga in this ultra-sexy, glamorous silver gown. Her hair, makeup and accessories make the look even more dazzling. Arguably one of my favorite looks of the night.

Chrissy Teigen & John Legend. This power couple always looks fabulous, and this event was no exception. The subtle coordination of their looks adds to the glamour without it being overdone. Simple, but stunning nonetheless.

Worst Dressed

Rihanna. Oh, Rih… It breaks my heart into a million pieces seeing you like this. Being the fashion icon that she is, it’s no surprise to see Rihanna taking fashion risks like this one. However, this look just isn’t one of her best—far from her best for that matter. Rih, please don’t break my heart like this again.

Iggy Azalea. Iggy’s dress isn’t bad, but I just can’t get past the sleeves. Why? Remove the sleeves and she would be on the best dressed list. Also, the hair? What was she going for exactly? I think it’s time for a new stylist, or time to hire one.

Rita Ora. So. Much. Fabric. So much. Rita, you look like a walking disco ball. Next.

Gwen Stefani. Gwen looks beautiful, but I’m just not a fan of this jumpsuit. I feel like it’s a bit informal for the Grammys. I think it’s a look that you either love or hate. Sorry Gwen, you’re still stunning.

Meghan Trainor. There is just way too much going on with this dress. The short skirt with the overlay looks a bit tacky, and the dark design is a little much for her fair complexion. Also, what’s with the manicure? I would have liked to have seen her in a bright color to match her bubbly personality.

Madonna. I am just so confused and, honestly, a little frightened by this look. You may be Madonna, but you are also 56 years old now. This look wouldn’t even be acceptable for Beyoncé. Please, get a grip—for everyone’s sake.

Ashleigh is a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati studying Journalism. She has a passion for writing, making people laugh, and random tokens of kindness. Born and raised in Kentucky, yet the furthest thing from a country girl! City life is the only life for her, and she is proud to call Cincinnati home.