The Bearcats Think They Found Some Cheerleaders

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

If you were walking around campus this summer, you most likely saw several athletes in their new Under Armor gear or heard the finishing touches on the press box at Nippert Stadium. The Bearcats have been practicing hard under the summer heat to give you the ultimate fan experience and the best part is, they want YOU to come out and watch them under the lights. Whether you live for Friday night football or a Sunday afternoon women’s soccer game, there are always ways to keep up on your Bearcat pride! Here are 5 simple ways to show off your school spirit.

Image by cincyontheprowl.com

1) Go to the games! It’s that simple. Showing your support and getting the crowd pumped up makes it more fun for everyone. Student tickets sold out this season and even included a cool, new Under Armor fan shirt! There are also overflow tickets available in the UCATS office before most games. Grab some friends and head over to the new-and-improved Nippert.

Image by GoBearcats.com

2) Get involved! Our athletes put Cincinnati on the map through their success in the American Athletic Conference and beyond and several Bearcat Athletics organizations like Forever Bearcats (@ForeverBearcats) and RallyCats (@UCRallyCats) are designed for students to get socially involved in UC athletics and show their support. Also, check out our new student section (@BearcatsRuckus) for all of the school spirit you need. You can make a few friends, have a chance for the best seats in the student section and show off your red, black and white!

3) Tailgating anyone? With football returning to our own backyard, there’s no better way to celebrate and get rowdy with friends before the game! The community is getting involved so there are plenty of places to use your fan discount. The UC Campus Gridiron Tailgate is located in Sigma Sigma Commons for your pre-game fan experience. Tailgate groups such as Republic of Cincinnati (@RepOfCincinnati) and The Den take tailgating to the ultimate Bearcat extreme and to top it all off, it’s just a short walk away from Nippert. Come out to the fourth oldest stadium in the country and give your biggest Bearcat ROAR!

4) Follow Us! UC has several Twitter and Instagram accounts that can get you in on the action. Follow @GoBearcats and @UCFanExperience to get your sideline picture on the scoreboard. These accounts share and update you with scores, pictures, videos and Bearcat fanatics! Even if you can’t make the game, you will be on the field with them.

5) Bearcat Fridays! Don’t forget to wear your Bearcat gear every Friday. With Bearcat Athletics’ new sponsor, Under Armor, sporting some new designs, you can stalk up your wardrobe for this semester! Showing off that CPAW not only lets everyone know you’re ready for the game but you can also be in the running for some cool giveaways on MainStreet. Each week, student government will host a radio show live from MainStreet. The celebration will continue with multiple student-athlete appearances, classic Bearcat tunes from the UC Bearcat Bands (@TUCBIDG) and the Bearcat will be there to #BringTheRuckus.     

Supporting Bearcat Athletics not only allows for you to get involved, but celebrate the community. The Bearcats want all of the cheerleaders to get involved with something special. It’s always a great day to be a Bearcat and Cheer Cincy!     

Emma Gresser

Cincinnati

Emma is a junior at The University of Cincinnati and is studying Communication with Public Relations and Journalism. She has a passion for expressing creativity through words and is extremely excited to be a part of the HerCampus Cincinnati chapter!
Campus Correspondent and founder of Her Campus Cincinnati. Tyasia is a 5th year Spanish & Marketing student (sadly!). Lover of all things plaid! When she's not sipping on margaritas or eating mangos, she's jet setting around the world (All time favorite place: Guatemala!) Tyasia plans to make New York City her home sweet home after graduation to pursue a International or Fashion PR career! Keep up with her on Twitter @tyjenksss