jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Can’t decide what to read next? Fear not, here’s a list of four books you’ll want to have on your shelf by the end of the year. This list is a mixture of ones that have already been released and some that will be in the coming months! Be sure to check them out!

1.) “Tweet Cute” by Emma Lord (released January 21st, 2020)

This adorable book from debut author Emma Lord is about Pepper, who helps run her family’s burger corporation, and Jack, whose family owns a deli that he works at. The two of them get into an argument over Twitter that goes viral, they also fall in love over an anonymous app that Jack built. It’s a true modern day romance and one that has everyone tweeting!!

2.) “More than Maybe” by Erin Hahn (May 12th, 2020)

Erin Hahn wrote You’d Be Mine, which was most certainly one of my favorite reads from last year, and I’m so looking forward to her next novel about Vada Carsewell, a music blogger with a plan for her career that doesn’t involve podcaster Luke Greenly.

3.) “The Deck of Omens” by Christine Lynn Herman (April 21st, 2020)

The first book in this duology, The Devouring Gray, was absolutely fantastic! The setting was so atmospheric, it reads like a movie you just can not put it down, so I’m very excited to see what happens in the sequel, The Deck of Omens!

4.) What I Like About You by Marisa Kanter (April 7th, 2020)

Marisa Kanter’s first book releases this spring, about Halle, who runs a book and cupcake blog using the alias Kels, and Nash, who is Halle’s friend and crush. She likes Nash, who likes her alias, Kels. He doesn’t know that the two of them are the same person!

Hailey Semchee

Cincinnati '22

Hailey Semchee is a third-year English/Rhetoric and Professional Writing major at the University of Cincinnati. She loves being creative in any way possible as well as traveling, watching movies, or drinking a lot of tea. You can follow her on instagram @haileysemchee.
Emma Segrest

Cincinnati '22

Emma is a current Creative Writing and Journalism major at the University of Cincinnati and works as the Editorial Captain for Her Campus UC. When she is not writing she can be found reading Jane Austen or tending to her plants.