3 Events You Don’t Want to Miss This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Whew! What a winter! Can’t say that I am glad it’s gone and I’m sure you feel the same way. So lets throw those bulky winter coats and stuffy winter boots into the deepest darkest corner of our closets and get ready for the spring and summer weather! That’s right, break out those shorts and bring on the swimsuits. It’s about time we soaked up some sun. Here’s a few events that are sure to livin’ up your summer:

1. Cincinnati Beer Run (May 9th)

Location: Newport on the Levee

The Cincinnati Beer Run is an event that typically takes place during the Fall and Spring of each calendar year. It is a celebration of the brewing history of the City of Cincinnati and assured fun for the entire family. The race itself is about 2.5 miles long and takes place across the river at Newport on the Levee. It is not a timed race so there is no need to wear yourself out in between the beer stands. The beer and water stands are sure to keep you hydrated and ready to party by the end of the race where there will be food, music, and more beer awaiting you. For every race, The Beer Run chooses a charity to support. This year it is The Madonna House of Northern Kentucky! This charity supports single mothers that choose to have and raise their children. Cheers to that! Feel free to get loose and wild on the streets of Cincinnati in this one-of-a-kind race!

Link Here —- http://www.cincinnatibeerrun.com/

2. Slide The City (June 20th)

Location: Jefferson Ave; Between Correy Ave. and University St.

1,000ft long water slide? Check

Music and speakers? Check

Food and Fun? Double Check

Come and join Cincinnati for the water slide party of the year! Slide the City is making its debut appearance in Cincinnati this year right next to campus! Summer just got that much more exciting with this undeniably fun way to enjoy the outdoors. Make sure you have that summer body ready to go because this is definitely going to be the party of the summer. Bring a group of friends or make new ones at this gigantic water slide block party. This is bound to be one of the most talked about events of the summer so don’t miss out. Tickets go on sale this week!

Link Here—- http://www.slidethecity.com/events/cincinnati/

3. The Color Run (July 11th)

The Color Run, also known as The Happiest 5k on the Planet, is one of the most well known races around the world. This year, they are coming back to Cincinnati and you should be excited! First of all, there is nothing more fun than running for a good cause with your friends, but this race takes it all to another level. Get ready to run for a cause and get sprayed with paint while you’re at it! This race is all about promoting health and happiness so don’t feel the need to rush your way through it. You can relax and walk, jog, or run at your leisure with your friends or family. This year, The Color Run has partnered with The Tri-State Bleeding Disorder Foundation. This charity provides comfort and support for children and families suffering from bleeding disorders in the Tri-State area. Get your goggles and make sure to wear all white to support a great cause and to enjoy the summer weather. Tickets are on sale now; hurry up and purchase because they are bound to sell out quickly!

Link Here —- http://thecolorrun.com/cincinnati/

1.