What to Do in San Francisco According to Your Favorite Hobbies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

When you get the chance to see San Francisco, you should take it! San Francisco is an amazing city. There are many things to do depending on what type of person you are. It has many places to offer no matter what things you like, from sports to history to nature. Look at these possible places you can see when you visit San Francisco.

If you are into… Art

• You should check out many museums especially the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), Asian Art Museum, DeYoung Museum and Legion of Honor. My Favorite: MOMA because I’m personally a fan of modern art, plus there were endless opportunities for Instagram photos!

If you are into… History

• You should check out the Cable Car Museum, Asian Art Museum, Walt Disney Family Museum and Fort Point. My Favorite: I’ve only been to Fort Point, but that was super interesting to learn about, and it was cool just being under the Golden Gate Bridge!

If you are into… Learning new cultures

• You should check out the Castro District, Mission District, Haight-Ashbury and Chinatown. These show the range of the diversity San Francisco has, and they offer different experiences! My Favorite: Chinatown because I liked how there are all the lanterns hanging across the street and the architecture was really cool!

If you are into… Nature

• You should check out Muir Woods, Twin Peaks and Golden Gate Park. You could also go to the Sutro Baths which also has a nature trail called Land’s End Trail that leads to a life-sized labyrinth. My Favorite: I like Golden Gate Park because there is a lot of different things you could do there as well as the Sutro Baths.

If you are into… Relaxing at the Beach

• You should go to Crissy Field, Baker Beach, and Ocean Beach. My Favorite: Crissy Field has a really nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge, and when I think of my memories there, I remember seeing families playing together and that just makes me happy. I also like Ocean Beach, because there is a lot of cool graffiti.

If you are into… Science

• You should go to the California Academy of Sciences, the Exploratorium and Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39. My Favorite: Aquarium of the Bay because it was really cool to see different sea creatures there, and since it is at Pier 39, there are other things you can do there.

If you are into… Sports

• You should check out a San Francisco Giants baseball game at AT&T Park located in the Financial District. AT&T Park is one of the nicest baseball parks in the entire MLB and you can’t get a much better view! 

If you are into… Tourist Things

• You should check out the big landmarks of San Francisco including the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Pier 39, Fisherman’s Wharf, Coit Tower, Ghirardelli Square and Union Square. No matter which one you go to, make sure you wear a warm jacket as it can get very windy! My Favorite: Alcatraz and Pier 39 because there is a lot to do at both. At Alcatraz, you’ll learn more, while Pier 39 is more for entertainment.

These are some of the places that I think would make a great visit to San Francisco and I hope these helped! Anywhere in San Francisco can be a great adventure and you can always find something to do there.

San Francisco. Chapman University. Photographer. Braider. Disney lover. Traveler.