This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Lipsticks are always a part of our daily beauty routine. Regardless of whether you’re wearing a nude shade or a fabulous red, there’s nothing more frustrating than leaving your house with a perfect pout and needing to adjust and reapply an hour later

Last week our lipstick queen Kylie Jenner shared her biggest tip on her app for making lipstick last forever. “Perfect lip color starts with a primer!”, Kylie wrote. “Not only does it moisturize your lips, but it helps make the color go on evenly and last longer.”

But since that’s not enough for us – and we are lipstick addicted – take a minute to learn the proper way to keep your lips looking great all day (and night)!

STEP 1: Prepare the area

Remove any dead akin and make sure to have oil-free lips. Use a lip primer – it creates a smooth canvas for your lipstick to cling to. Here are some the most affordable products that you can find in Brazil:

Sephora Colletion – R$ 59 / MAC: Batom Prep + Prime Lip – R$ 76 / Clinique – R$ 89 / Guerlain – R$ 160

STEP 2: Use concealer

When you put concealer down as a foundation before lipstick, it helps the color to stick and set to your lips. After that, apply the first layer of color – use a brush to have a better result.

STEP 3: Blot

After you apply the first layer of color, take a tissue and lightly blot your lips to take off any excess oil or products.

STEP 4: Finish with translucent powder

Apply a translucent powder over your lips to set and seal the color. By using a powder, the lipstick is less likely to slip or fade. After that, you’re allowed to apply the last coat.

Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.