“Durante La Tormenta” Movie Review: A Great Drama To Let You Puzzled

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

“Durante La Tormenta” is the kind of movie that can put together all the things we like the most: a good drama and some scientific theories!

Released last November, “Mirage”, in English, directed by Oriol Paulo, is about empathic relationships and we can see it in the movie, especially when the main character helps a little boy to get away from his own death, changing everyting in their lifes.

The movie show us Vera, a new inhabitant in the house that years before used to be a home for a boy, who died in a car accident. Thus, Vera decided to help this little kid, preventing him from dying, due to a space-time failure, the woman end up interfering in the timeline, changing the past and the furure, and this way, causing the death of her own daughter.

Image Source: IMDb

Throughout the film, the viewer needs to look at the details to understand the plot. First, the boy running away from the neighbor, who was seen by the child murdering his own wife. After that, the pieces fit together and we can see Vera watching a tape recorded by the child on the day of the accident, just as a storm occurs on the day of the boy’s death, and it happens on the same day, years after his death, causing an interference between Vera and the little boy. Maybe this is the biggest lie in the movie! The connection between Vera and the child interfers comprehensively in the lives of all the characters. The whole story is a great puzzle!

The movie counts with an excellent cast, like Adriana Ugarte and Álvaro Morte (from La Casa de Papel). Beyond the great cast, “Durante La Tormenta” also counts with a good approval, 71% of the public of Rotten Tomatoes liked the movie.

In the social midias, the new success of Netflix was very commented by the users, considered a mind blowing movie, which can let us puzzled in every second and this happens because of the touching plot, which turns not only about the curiosity to know how Vera has changed the past and the future, but to get the dramatic scenes involving Vera and her relations, with her daughter, husband and the little boy.

Image Source: IMDb

Without doubt “Durante a Tormenta” is a movie that should be on your list of major movies to watch as fast as possible, it is almost necessary for you to see to better understand the sensitivity of the scenes and also the scientific theories present in the film.

Just a student who wants writing and know all the world can give to me ❤️
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.