Christopher Ly ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Program/Year: Interactive Multimedia and Design, ‘15Relationship status: Single and actively looking

Where can we find you on campus? You can probably find me having a cider at Ollies, relaxing outside in the quad, or studying in the library.

What are your hobbies? I like working out, shopping, photography, going to museums, watching movies, trying new restaurants (huge foodie) and how can you be in IMD and not play video games?! For my senior project I actually created my own video game, you can check it out here: www.scrambledthegame.com. I like reading various online articles from cars to electronic devices to the economy and to space…along with other nerdy stuff.  I love learning and reading about almost anything…but I’m not a nerd. You know? (Just kidding I am.)

What do you find attractive in a person?  At first glance, they have to be well dressed and aesthetically pleasing. However what I find most attractive in a person is their ambition (they have to be smart, have life aspirations, and life goals) and most importantly their personality (a sense of humour, genuine, authentic and honest). There is nothing sexier than a lady that is well dressed, confident, and smart and is just generally fun to be around- they have a sense of humour and can keep a conversation going and aren’t afraid to be a dork.

Describe your perfect date.  I’d pick her up, and take her to Allium restaurant for dinner, and then later go for a walk along the canal, or Major Hill’s park. We’d go for dessert to end the evening. Obviously something intimate where you can learn more about the other person, and the ambience sets the mood.

What is your best pick-up line and did it work? “Pick a number between 1-10 (to waitress). And that’s your tip.” It didn’t work, and I lost ten bucks *laughs*

What is your biggest turn-offs in a girl? Bad teeth. A lot of makeup, painted in eyebrows to the point where it is darker your hair and stands out before your pearly white smile and beautiful eyes. As cheesy as it sounds, I actually prefer girls that wear barely any makeup- less is more for Chris! For personality *laughs* um, arrogance or sassiness, she can’t be judgemental and doesn’t start fights in public.

What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?  Fed hundreds of stingrays in the Cayman Islands, I went parasailing, jet skiing. That’s pretty much it.  On my bucket list however, I’d like to go bungee jumping, skydiving, scuba diving and whale watching someday.

What is the most romantic thing you’ve done for a girl? On a Friday, I picked her up from school, and treated her to a weekend escape at the Lord Elgin – the romance package which included gel bubble bath, and dinner a-la-carte. I wanted to do something where we could spend some quality time together and bond. I live off the idea that money is worth nothing compared to the memories you can build with someone.

Do you believe in love at first sight?@#$% Yeah! I’m a hopeful romantic.

Any final words? Where can people contact you?Message me on Facebook! I’d be up for anything. ;)