Meet Aviation Admin Major, Michelle Ros

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Name: Michelle RosAge: 21

Year: 3rd YearMajor: Aviation AdministrationRelationship Status: In a relationship

Describe yourself in three words. Sweet, sarcastic, and funny (at least I think I am)

What do you like most about Cal State L.A.? I really like the friends that I have made so far. They have made an impact to who I am today and they are all important to me. I also really like the Circle K International club here because it’s where I met some really close friends who I can depend on.

What does your daily routine look like? My daily routine consists of waking up and getting ready for school. Depending on what day it is, I would either stay on campus for an hour or immediately go home to relax, eat lunch and watch Running Man which is an absolute favorite South Korean variety show of mine. I generally don’t have homework, but when I do I tend to complete it ahead of time. If I were to ever say that I am doing homework, it’s usually the homework assignment due next week.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Well for starters, I will still be at Cal State L.A. for another two years. About three years after, I would see myself at the airport (LAX preferred) working but not with air traffic control. Regardless of what happens between now and then, I really hope to see myself in the airport industry.

What is your favorite place in the city? My favorite places can be anything with an amazing view that overlooks the city. It’s really nice and peaceful to just see something like that.

What is something interesting about you? 

I always get mistaken for another ethnicity which is totally fine, but I’m full Cambodian. I really enjoy the beach especially since it’s only a 10 minute drive from where I live. I am from San Diego.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? I would be okay with eating pho!

Biggest turn on and turn off? Biggest turn on, when people are thoughtful and organized! The biggest turn off is when people don’t listen to me and focuses on other things while I am talking to them.

Dream big: What is your ultimate goal in life? My ultimate goal in life is to own a nice house, get married and to have a family. I think most people have this goal because it’s when you know you have come so far in life and you made it.

Favorite Book? I wish I was a bookworm. Since I started college, I can’t read leisurely due to all the texts I have to read for classes.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would definitely like to live in South Korea

If you could listen to one song for the rest for your life what would it be? This is a really tough decision but I’d say Reminds Me of You by Sam Smith

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez