person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Instagram Hashtags Every Angeleno Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

If you Instagram as much as the average college gal, you probably notice when someone posts a photo with hashtags. Usually they can be as mundane as something as #laughs or used as an extra sentence to the caption, like #cheerstohealth. It might be hard to believe and definitely easy to forget but hashtags are used in order to easily search something on Instagram and create a community of interests through the app! Luckily, living in Los Angeles gives you tons of opportunities to get in on the coolest hashtags around.

For those Disneyland passholders, #tinks_view is a great way to see the theme park in a whole new light. Anyone can take a photo of the castle, but sometimes you just want to be like Tinkerbell and look up and above.

If you are one of the few that use the Metro to commute, give life to #metrodriveby! Not many have posted with this hashtag, which is unfortunate because the photos come out looking wickedly cool. Just find a point of focus and snap a pick right as one of the trains zooms on by!

Yes, this hashtag is overly populated but if you have ever wanted to be featured on an Instagram with over ninety one thousand followers, your chance is now. DiscoverLA is the offical Instagram of the L.A. Tourism and Convention Board and they use #lastory to curate the best L.A. photos to share on their page. Check out the photo above; you can see all kinds of diverse places being posted like DTLA, Santa Monica Beach, and the Paul Smith’s pink wall! Add your own favorite L.A. location!

Let’s just go to the beach, beach! For those that love the coast, #fallintopierpressure is not only a cute pun; it’s a beach photo haven. Show your love for the sea with pictures of the ocean, sand and everything in between.

#candyla might be the prettiest hashtag out there! It’s not yet popular so you can be one of the first to join the challenge of finding bright, candy colored pieces in the middle of Los Angeles.

Ever go on a run and take a photo that you are dying to post? Then #whilerunning is the one for you! Sometimes you see a sight that not only motivates you to keep going, but makes you want to share it with everyone you know. Or hey, maybe you just want to brag that you went on a run. No shame on that!

For the frequent LAX goer, catch the sights and sounds with #peopleinairports. Airports are more than just lots of coming and going; they are the best spot to people watch while waiting to board your flight! 

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez