Golden (Eagle) Grams: An Insta Summary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Cal State LA students love their social media and at the top of that list is the wonderful app Instagram. While everyone loves to post photos of their adventures, loved ones, and delicious eats, there are tons of popular LA things that are constantly ‘grammed.  But how original are your posts?

To see what are the most common photos posted by Cal State LA collegiettes, we looked through the Instgrams of the HC Cal State LA team (and their friends!) to find what subjects appeared the most. Look through our list of popular Instagrams and see if you follow the trends!

Hollywood Sign Hike

No one hikes to the Hollywood Sign for actual exercise, they do it for the amazing Insta opportunities. 

Palm Trees & Sunsets

Nothing screams California like the iconic palm tree! A multicolored sunset is just the cherry on top for a memorable photo.

Campus Snacks

Let’s be honest, a good smoothie or frappacino is what really motivates us to get through class. People won’t hesitate to like your post because they share your feels!

Dodger Games

Go Blue! LA pride is the strongest when you go support the Dodgers.

Theme Parks

You spent $100 on a Disneyland ticket, so of couse you have to post about it!

Urth Café

It’s one of the most popular and trendiest cafes in LA, with good reason! Delicious, healthy, and pretty? Yes please!

Cal State LA Stairs

Stairs, stairs everywhere. The real life problem of having a campus on a somewhat hill. Climbing up cardiac hill is an accomplishment worth documenting, even if it’s just the daily trek from the parking lot.

Polaroids

Everyone’s favorite picture of a picture! Throw it back to the good ol’ film days. If you can afford the film, that is…

Urban Light at LACMA

Who doesn’t love to post about interactive modern art in the heart of LA? Not to mention that Urban Light looks gorgeous, day or night.

The Beach

West Coast Best Coast! No matter how often one goes to the beach, it’s always worth sharing the sun and the sand on your Insta feed.

LA Beverages

From running on the go to catching up with your gals, getting some kind of drink is an LA pastime. We’re the proud drinkers of kale juice, gourmet coffee, and the Potted Plant Milk Tea (with boba, duh!) and don’t you forget it!

Other honorable mentions include macaroons, airplane wings midflight, the couple pose (with your signifcant other and/or your best friend), Griffith Observatory, and of course…the selfie. 

Be sure to check out these lovely ladies on Instagram!

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez