This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Katherine: Abby Biad is one of my suitemates. She has such a bubbly and positive attitude and always knows how to make everyone around her laugh or smile.  I sat down with her to learn a little more about her and her semester so far at CofC!

Name:  Abby Biad

Year: Freshman

Major: Early Childhood Education

Hometown: Las Cruces, New Mexico.

Katherine: What made you want to attend CofC?

Abby: I have a family friend from my hometown who is an alumni of CofC. She gave me a tour of CofC. I also fell in love with the city and have always wanted to move somewhere far because I like to be adventerous. 

K: What is your major and why?

A: I’m going to be majoring in Early Childhood education, because I love working and playing with kids.  

K: What is your favorite thing about Charleston?

A: I love how the people are so nice and always are willing to help me around the city.

K: Are you a night owl or a morning dove?

A: I’m both a night owl and a morning dove. I don’t know how or why but there are times where I love being up late, and there are times where I feel really refreshed in the morning.

K: What is your favorite thing to do in your freetime?

A: I love hanging out, exploring Charleston, and watching The Office with my friends. I also really enjoy having a cup of coffee while watching a show on netflix.

K: What are some places you like to eat in Charleston?

A: I really enjoy Chick-Fil-A, Moes, Chipotle, Monza, Joe Pasta and Panera Bread.

K: What are some places you would love to try ?

A: I would love to try Grouchos, Mama Kim’s, Kickin’ Chicken, Mellow Mushroom and Noisy Oyster.

K: What is your biggest fear?

A: I have the biggest fear of frogs. They just really creep me out, and I don’t know why

K: When have you felt the most proud?

A: I’ve felt the most proud when I came to Charleston. I keep becoming more independent as the days go by. 

K: Which celeb would you want as your bestfriend and why?

A: I would want Selena Gomez as my best friend becayse I really admire how she relates to her fans, and how she cares about her fans. I feel like we’d get along really well.

K: Where do you want to travel and why?

A: I would love to visit Australia, because I want to experience their culture, and check out the beaches. I really love the ocean, and tropical places. 

K: What is your favorite word and your least favorite word?

A: I love the word chocolate, and I hate the word poor. 

K: What three movies do you love the most?

A: I really enjoy the movies The Proposal, any of the Batman movies and Something Borrowed.

K: What is the last book you’ve read?

A: The last book I read was “Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.”

All photos courtesy of Abby Biad and her Facebook page.