This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

While designers like Tom Ford, Victoria Beckham, and Gucci are putting on their Fall 2018 Ready-to-Wear fashion shows across the world, our eyes should not only be looking to the runway but also to the streets. Street style consists of everything from athleisure wear to couture, with such broad guidelines you can take risks and show off what is up-and-coming or just put together an outfit from your own closet. A few things to look out for that are assured to keep you looking fashion forward and chic are lots of bright pops of color including purple, the color of the year, patterns, such as plaids, and layering with jackets, especially trench coats.

We always seem to look to some of the most famous fashion icons to see what is and will be considered “trendy.” Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Kaia Gerber are just a few of the millennial fashion stars we follow to see what they will be wearing. With the growing world of instagram and blogs, bloggers and influencers like Caroline Daur (@carodaur) and Aimee Song (@songofstyle) have also been in the spotlight on the street of these metropolitan cities during fashion weeks.

Street style is also a confidence. You do not only have to be a model or celebrity for your outfits to matter. Everyone of every age and status can set trends that we will continue to see throughout the year. Even though we have been seeing brand logos covering all clothing and accessories, it is not solely about the brand name or designer you are wearing but more about how everything is styled and worn with confidence.

From New York Fashion Week…

From London Fashion Week…

From Milan Fashion Week…

Street style is the best way to look for new, fun, and trendy outfits that you can easily incorporate in your day-to-day wear. During Charleston Fashion Week, March 13th-17th, you might want to think about what you are wearing before your walk out the door. Look at what people have been wearing during New York, London, and Milan Fashion Weeks for some inspiration and add some of your own flair. Who knows your street style might be an inspiration to an emerging designer. cvj

Photos courtesy of Vogue, Refinery29, and Harper’s Bazaar.

I'm Anna Trojanowska, a junior and President of HC at the College of Charleston. Photography and ballroom dancing are my passions. I absolutely love traveling and documenting my trips to one day look back on them and cherish the beauty of the world.