This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Maybe you’ve seen her around in the library, maybe you’ve seen her in Chipotle, or maybe you’ve seen her buying a tub of cream cheese at Market 159 (it’s her stress food). If you haven’t already met this girl, you should! Hannah Lopez is a rising senior with a whole lot of spunk and charisma. There’s never a conversation you have with her where you don’t leave laughing.

AS: Where is your favorite place to eat in Charleston and why?

HL: I think probably Jeni’s Ice Cream because they have really good flavors, like unique flavors. I’ve tried the Churro and Goat Cheese and Cherry but they have regular flavors like chocolate. They also have Lavender ice cream which is really good. It’s a party for your taste buds!

AS: What do you do on campus?

HL: I am an Art History major, I work at the Art History Building, and I’m the president of the Pizza Club. I’m also in Delta Gamma and I work at Victoria Secret. I’m a Senior now so that’s sad. 

AS: What are your plans for after graduation?

HL: I’m graduating in December (but walking in the spring) and I’m going to the University of Arizona to pursue a degree in Marketing and hopefully have a future in broadcast journalism. I want to work for a magazine or a news station. The program I’m going to is for a Master’s degree. I don’t know at the moment if I want to be on the screen or writing the news, but I think design elements are so cool and it’s something I was interested in last year. I didn’t have enough time at the College of Charleston to get a Marketing degree so that’s why I’m going to grad school. 

Photo courtesy of Hannah Lopez. 

AS: Where is your favorite place to relax in Charleston?

HL: If I really want to be alone and study, I go to the computers by the Registrar’s Office in the Lightsey Building. That’s where I wrote my Art History capstone paper last semester. If I want to be with friends, I really like Kudu or Chipotle. Lately, I’ve really gotten into Persimmon Cafe. 

AS: What is the funniest thing that has happened at school?

HL: I ran out of clothes because I was so bad at doing my laundry at Berry. I put all my clothes in the washer, walked down the hall in a towel, and had an awkward conversation with this guy. 

AS: That is so funny. So now what is the scariest thing that you’ve experienced?

HL: I was in my dorm in Berry and as you probably know, that dorm is haunted. Sometimes we would hear weird stuff but you never know. One night I was home alone and I shut off the TV, got ready for bed, and went to bed at 11. I woke up at 12:30, again no one was there, to the TV on the max volume of 100. I don’t know how that happened or who did that. Probably one of the most scariest moments of my life but you know what I did? I went back to bed. 

AS: What’s something on your mind lately?

HL: Keanu Reeves is immortal!! Look up the article. 

AS: What’s your favorite class you’ve taken here?

HL: Intro to Jazz Dance because my teacher was pregnant and roll around. Everyone in my class had a lot of snark and sass and we all got along. We’re all Snapchat friends so that’s fun and we danced our hearts out.

AS: What has been your favorite event on campus?

HL: There was this alumni politics conversation brunch last year. It was nice getting to talk about political topics in such a comfortable and relaxed environment. It was set in the morning and it was nice because everyone was really awake ans attentive.

AS: What is your favorite quote?

HL: I think Dorothy’s “Toto, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore”. I relate to Dorothy in the sense that I’m constantly exposed to new and interesting ideas and it’s so cool being around different people of different majors. I can just say, “Hannah, we’re not in Atlanta anymore”.

A rising senior who’s majoring in Art History, Hannah Lopez know what she wants in life. She’ll give you all the names of her favorite cheeses (mozzarella, not gouda) all while explaining her conspiracy theory of Lady Gaga being part of the Illuminati.

Allie Stern

C of C '19

Allie is a young public health professional, Guns N Roses enthusiast, cannabis educator, and Home Goods #1 customer. She is an up-and-coming entrepreneur who is passionate about women's empowerment and leadership. When she's not planning out her future on her white board, she can be found playing video games or watching Marvel movies with her boyfriend Amal.