This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Skin care, to me, is one of the most important things in a women’s life. If you are anything like me, you have a religious routine that you follow every morning and evening. We all want to look and feel like those women we see in commercials – the women with clear and glowing skin, acne fresh, and moisturized. However, it is hard to find the right products to use. With so many options in stores, you could get lost in the aisles for hours trying to find the perfect cleanser or moisturizer. Fear not! For here is a list of my absolute favorite products that I use daily and that I swear by.

1.) Mary Kay Products

I love Mary Kay! Last summer I bought about 6 items from a consultant and instantly fell in love with their products. I have oily prone skin and their products for oily skin are magnificent. I bought their 3-in-1 Cleanser, Age-Fighting Moisturizer, Day Solution Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35, Night Solution, as well as their Clear Proof® Deep-Cleansing Charcoal Mask. Within a matter of days, I saw a change in my skin! Along with stopping the use of foundation, my acne and oily skin slowly and magically began to go away! I swear by these products, and highly recommend everyone to use these! You can get these products on their website, through a consultant, or on Amazon!

(Source)

2.) Formula 10.0.6 Products

These products are fairly new to me, only having them since last August, but they are wonderful! I have their Pores be Pure mud mask, So Totally Clean toner, and their Seriously Shine Free moisturizer. Their toner and moisturizer are my absolute favorites! The toner I use to take off the makeup my remover doesn’t, as well has opened up my pores and given me an overall refreshed feel after a long day. The moisturizer, I use after using my Mary Kay. This moisturizer gives your face an overall matte look, so if you have oily skin, this moisturizer is for you! You can find these products at Target or online!

(Source)

3.) Daiso Japan Natural Pack Charcoal Peel Off Mask

This charcoal mask I found in a makeup review video on YouTube! This mask is wonderful! I love this mask so much, it’s very satisfying. I spent around 4 dollars to ship this from Amazon and I do not regret it! I use it about once a week and apply it to the places around my face that need it, so generally my nose, chin, and forehead. Other times I apply it to my whole face if I’m feeling up to it. This mask hurts as you peel it off, so be careful! To make the mask peel off easily make sure you put on quite a bit, however, it will take some time to dry. This mask will not disappoint; I promise you that!

(Source)

4.) Glossier Products

This brand is one of my favorites. Very glamorous if I do say so myself. I haven’t been using it for that long, but it’s fantastic. They have a wide variety of products, it’s hard to choose what to use! But they help you online. For skin care, specifically, they had a Phase 1 set where you get the essentials for $40, which are the Milky Jelly Cleanser, Priming Moisturizer, and their chapstick, Balm Dotcom. These products are super cute and the packaging is adorable. They overall give your skin a glowy look, what girl wouldn’t’t want that? These are not their only products, just the ones I’ve tried, they have many more things to offer and I can’t wait to use them! To get these products, you can get them online or at one of their stores in select states! 

(Source)

I'm a junior at the College of Charleston, majoring in History and International Studies. Totally not sure what I want to do but I love writing about important issues. I'm a self-proclaimed professional photographer and a lover of all things space and spooky.