This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Lainey Galicia, a freshman from Clover, SC, has began her career as an anthropology and psychology major with a minor in crime, law and society.  But this immense workload has not stopped her from getting involved on campus and dancing for the kids of Medical University of South Carolina’s children’s hospital.  Here’s a little more about this member of the 2020 class.

Lexi French: What are three things we should know about you?

Lainey Galicia: I love dogs, I am the fourth of my family to attend CofC, I think every day should be Taco Tuesday.

LF: What are three things you can’t live without?

LG: Dogs, Tacos, Family.

LF: Favorite spot on campus?

LG: Cistern Yard.

LF: Favorite thing to do in Charleston?

LG: I love to walk down to the battery or to waterfront park and shop/window shop down King Street.

LF: You’re involved with Greek Life, what is that like?

LG: A sorority is a huge family where everyone is there for you. I love every sister and love what our values are. Phi Mu has introduced me to so many people and so many opportunities all within this first year, and I couldn’t have had a better first year without it.

LF: What’s your favorite part of your year so far in Charleston?

LG: Dance Marathon with my sorority, I loved dancing with my sisters and acting crazy all for the kids.

LF: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

LG: I would go to New York. Most of my family lives on Long Island and every time I visit I wish I could stay forever. I love the atmosphere and love that family is there. I also would love to just spend time in Manhattan and just be an 18-year-old exploring a famous city/state.

All photos courtesy of Lainey Galicia.

Washington D.C. Native, Member of Phi Mu Alpha Kappa Chapter https://www.pinterest.com/HerCampusCofC/ (Follow me on pinterest!)