This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Instead of spending your spring break out drinking and partying, take the week to cleanse and treat yourself – you deserve it! After a long week of midterms, there is no doubt you’re physically and mentally drained. You may just be going home, but that is no reason not to have fun and make the most out of your week off. Here are just a few ideas to help you detox so that you can come back refueled and revived. 

Have a Spa Day

Whether you go to an actual spa/resort or just have your own in-home spa, pamper yourself from head to toe. Put on a face mask (some good ones are the Indian Healing Clay, Fresh Rose Face Mask, and the Origins Clear Improvement Mask). Draw a bubble bath with a bath bomb (I suggest checking out the ones at Lush). Get a manicure and pedicure. Lounge around in a cozy bathrobe and slippers. Light a candle and relax. Having your own DIY spa day is super easy and never a bad idea!

Image courtesy of Amazon.

Image courtesy of Sephora.

Image courtesy of Sephora.

Spend Time with Family/Friends

It’s always nice to see your family and friends and spend some quality time with them, especially if you haven’t seen them since winter break. Hang out around the house and have a game night, watch your favorite movie, and snack on some popcorn. Go out to coffee and walk around downtown. See which of your hometown friends are home and make time to hang out with them. This is a time to go to some of your favorite spots you’ve been missing while at school to grab something to eat or hang out, and you can also explore what’s new around your city/town.

Eat Healthy

Going home is the perfect time to binge on home-cooked meals and sweets, but you should try to limit yourself and mix in some healthier foods. Fresh fruits and vegetables are always the way to go when detoxing your body from probably not eating the best over midterms week. Try looking for a new juice bar or salad shop to get out of the house. Eating healthier foods should not be a drag but an excuse to get in the kitchen and incorporate them into some of your favorite treats.

Go Shopping

Spring is just around the corner and nothing feels better than showing off your new cute spring outfits. Think about adding some new pastel and floral pieces to your wardrobe. You don’t have to spend tons of money on expensive clothes but use your time to shop around, see if there are any sales, and try to get the best bang for your buck.

Rest

Staying up late at night to study hard for midterms may reflect well on your grades but not well on your health. Now that you have hopefully no academic work to worry about for a week, try to go to sleep early or sleep in late (or maybe both if you have the time). Sleep is essential for staying healthy and being your best self, so make sure not to skip or it.