This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Oh, the time has come. We are halfway through the Spring semester, and it’s like I can already taste midweek mimosas and feel the sand in between my toes. Mid Spring semester is always the most difficult time of year. Summer is so close, yet still SO far. The beach is SO close, but the only thing stopping you are final essays and that group project in your gen-ed class. Seriously, who assigns group projects in college?

Your motivation may be at an all-time low, but now is the most important time to buckle up your bootstraps and pull through. Only a couple more months until complete relaxation. Here are 7 quotes to help you finish out your semester strong.

1. Don’t watch the clock. Do what it does. Keep going. – Sam Levenson

2. Do, or do not. There is no “try” – Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

3. The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it. – Jordan Belfort, The Wolf of Wall Street

4. Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere. – Van Wilder

5. Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life. – Rocky Balboa, Rocky VI

6. Success is the sum of all efforts, repeated day in day out. – Robert Collier

7. Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right. – Henry Ford

The power of motivation lies within yourself. It doesn’t matter how hard you worked throughout the semester if you don’t finish strong.

Chynna Chan

C of C '19

International Businesss major and Spanish minor at the College of Charleston. Originally from San Diego, CA. Lover of Hot Cheetos and Mexican street tacos. Meditation advocate. Traveler. Foodie. Interested in saving the world.