10 Things to do in Charleston During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

With spring break upon us, many people are preparing to enjoy a relaxing week, free of course work. Some people will travel, some will visit home, and others will stay in Charleston. With the weather flipping back and forth from hot to cold, it’s difficult to predict how the weather will be for spring break. There are a lot of things to do when the weather is nice, but there are still several activities that are enjoyable when the weather is not at its best.

For those staying in Charleston for spring break, here are five things to do if it’s warm and five things to do if it’s cold

5 Things to do During Spring Break, if it’s Warm … 

1. Go to one of the three beaches: Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, or Folly Beach. 

2. Picnic or read at The Battery.

3. Attempt to go through obstacle courses at Wild Blue Ropes. 

4. Walk the Cooper River Bridge. 

5. Take a walk on Pitt Street Bridge, locally called the “Old Burnt Out Bridge”. 

& 5 Things to do During Spring Break, if it’s cold … 

1. Go to Sky Zone

2. Visit the Charleston Museum. 

3. Check out the Aquarium.

4. Shop at one of the four main shopping centers: Citadel Mall, Northwoods Mall, Tanger Outlet, or Town Center.

5. Eat at one of the many great restaurants on the peninsula!

No matter how you choose to fill your time off, be safe and enjoy the week!

I am a freshman at the College of Charleston with a major in international studies and a local of Charleston. As well, I am a Phi Mu sister and I am a member of International Club. I hope to declare a minor in Spanish and another minor in French. I hope to write for a magazine or to translate for a magazine or newspaper. I love watching movies, listening to music, reading, or writing in my spare time.