This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Butler chapter.

They are coming.  Not tomorrow, not even the next day, but they are coming, and they are coming with a vengeance. Finals. If you are like me, you are not ready. Which is why I have made a plan, much like a million other plans already made, but this one is better, because this one was written by me. Enjoy!

1. Create your own study guide

Do this even if you are provided with a study guide because, oftentimes, making your own one will help you remember and organize the information better.

2. Attend the review session

Please don’t skip the review session even if you think it will be dumb and unuseful. Just go.

3. Start early

Since it is a week before finals please start now. This doesn’t even really count as early, but it is the best we can do at this point.

4. Study things not on the study guide

The study guide isn’t comprehensive. One more time for the guy that wasn’t listening. The study guide isn’t comprehensive (unless it is, I guess lol). But anyway don’t be shook when the teacher puts things on the final that’s not on the study guide.

5. Stay well-rested

Don’t let finals keep you from sleep. Losing sleep will hurt you more than it will help you.

6. Quiz yourself

Practice recalling the information! It’ll make it much easier when you have to recall it during the final.

7. Pace yourself and take breaks

One bulk study session won’t work. Take your time, take 10 minute breaks every once in awhile, and good luck!

Jazmine Bowens is a senior at Butler University. She is a Psychology major with a minor in Neuroscience and the Campus Corespondent for Butler University's Her Campus chapter. When she isn't in class, she's writing poetry, reading romance novels, or hanging out with her friends. Jazmine hopes to one day become an environmental lawyer and a published novelist.