This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buffalo chapter.

College is stressful. Just kidding life is stressful. If I take myself back to high school my miniscule problems at the time always vanished once I stepped foot in a mall. Granted at this time my mom would give me money, so in my eyes it wasn’t REAL money I was spending (I know I know, I was something else as a kid).

I still don’t know to this day why I shop when I am feeling any emotion. Fight with my boyfriend? Don’t worry target will help. SIDE NOTE: why does everyone go to target for fun and leave with the whole store (or is that just me?) But anyways, if I am feeling sad, mad, bored, stressed, happy, or even broke, I JUST SAID EVEN BROKE, I go buy myself things and feel instantly better. Someone please try to figure out that equation because I never will be able to.

I am a sophomore in college, just moved into my own apartment, and purchased my own vehicle, so you could say money is tight. Money is tight, but I’m still shopping! (I am laughing right now as I type this because I think I actually have a shopping addiction but I don’t care I love being a girl, it fucking rules).

Since money is tight, I obviously still shop, I just shop smarter. I use coupons, wait till holidays, and get any and all of the student discounts on this planet. Also, I shop at ThredUP. This is no promo, I seriously just love the app ThredUP. ThredUP is the world’s largest online fashion resale shop. You can buy things from shoes, tops, pants, active wear, dresses, jeans, jewelry, seriously anything. What makes this app even better is that everything is extremely cheap. Something even better, you can shop for clothes that are of higher end brands such as Michael Kors, Lululemon, Patagonia, Ugg, Gucci, and Calvin Klein. I know this sounds crazy but I promise you it is real and extremely reliable. Get ready to binge shop, it is one of my specialties.

Attached below are some of my previous purchases with their price!

So get ready to put your feet up and wallet out!!! I apologize to your credit card in advance.

1. Kimchi Blue Tank

Originally 45$, purchased 12.99$

1. Kimchi Blue Long Sleeve Top

Originally 45$, purchased 12.99$

1. Lululemon Athletica Active tank

Originally 58$, purchased 27.99$

1. Legend Jeans

Originally 36$, purchased 11.99$

Hi! My names Victoria! I’m in the intended Nursing program at the University at Buffalo currently. A little about myself is I’m a bubbly, dog loving, Disney freak, who loves baking (I TRY to be healthy). I’m a member of Alpha Sigma Tau and now currently write for HerCampus here at UB :)
Nancy Acosta

Buffalo '20

Nancy is currently a Junior here at the University at Buffalo and is Campus Correspondent for the UBHC Chapter. She is majoring in Communications with a dual minor in International Trade/Geography and Political Science.