Your Playlist to Survive Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Finals season is upon us, and along with it is late-night study sessions, a fragmented sleep schedule, and an abundance of stress. But, you can cope with finals week in a myriad of healthy ways. My #1 suggestion is a break to listen to music, so here is a playlist of upbeat songs to help you push through finals week.

Doin’ Time by Lana Del Rey 

This song might feel a bit off-season given its summer vibe, but that might be just what you need to keep your spirits high. It has a great groove, and can make it into your playlist to combat seasonal affective disorder too. 

Green Light by Lorde 

This song feels like a party song but is actually about getting out of an intense break-up leaving you with anger and spite. And this is why I feel like it fits this playlist; it’s a really fun song laced with deep-rooted anger. You can be stressed and still be excited at the thought of going on break soon! 

Gone by Charli XCX feat. Christine and the Queens 

This song has Charli and Chris talking about being in a situation where they feel singled out and anxious with a desire to leave. Add stress to that and you’ve got a summary of what finals week feels like. The two cultural icons (yes, icons, I said what I said, fight me) sing these over a track that leaves you dancing. 

bellyache by Billie Eilish 

This song is what first brought Billie Eilish to fame. It begins with acoustic guitars but moves into the darker electronic music that we associate with Billie Eilish. The song is an easy listen; it’s light and surprisingly danceable. It’s bound to leave you uplifted. 

Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds 

This song is about a girl with big aspirations and a bigger ego, but also a song about confidence, ambition, and fearlessness. And that’s really the attitude we need going into finals week!

Give these tunes a chance and let yourself take deep breaths as you finish your finals. You’ve got this!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.