The Top Five Rom-Coms for Your Perfect Girls’ Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A problem I always have when having a cozy, fun night in with my friends is finding the perfect movie to watch. With the endless choices we have on all these different streaming platforms, it can get a little stressful. Here’s a list of my absolute favorite rom-coms to make your girls’ night go smoothly. 

Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)

If you want to laugh, swoon, and cry during a movie, this is the one. With the strong lineup of stars (Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, and Emma Stone all in one movie? I mean, come on) you’ll be intrigued from the very beginning, and the friendship formed between Cal (Carell) and Jacob (Gosling) is adorable. 

The Proposal (2009)

With a clever plot and a powerful cast, this movie is effortlessly executed. While also surprisingly wholesome, the funny, offbeat moments really make the movie special.

Bridget Jones’ Diary (2001)

Another hilarious, yet touching movie! Following the ever-so-relatable Bridget, her journey is great to watch with your girlfriends, especially while trying to navigate finding love and figuring out life yourself. The funny British slang terms are also a plus.

When Harry Met Sally (1989)

This film is timeless. The quaint and simplistic style creates a very chill atmosphere while you’re watching, and Sally (Meg Ryan) is an ICON. Ryan’s portrayal of Sally is classy and confident, and her style is bomb.

What’s Up, Doc? (1972)

This Barbra Streisand classic is possibly my favorite rom-com of all time! Streisand’s wit and manipulations are hilarious, and you and the girls will be hanging onto her every word. Her chemistry with Ryan O’Neal is perfect, and their one-of-a-kind relationship lights up the screen.

Good luck with your Friday night fun ladies! Happy watching.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.