Meet Clara Martiny—World Traveler and Girl Who’s Doing the Most

Clara Martiny is a freshman studying International Relations and Spanish at Boston University. In a recent interview, we talked about everything from her favorite books to her dream job to all the places she has lived around the world.

What I found very interesting about Clara is that she has lived in so many different places. She was born in Belgium, then three weeks after she was born, she moved to Shanghai. Then, on to Beijing and back to Shanghai. In 2014, she came to the U.S. and lived in Indiana. She currently lives in Tennessee. I was not even there but just hearing about it takes me on a whirlwind! Because of all her travels, Clara speaks four languages: French, Mandarin, Spanish, and English.

Pictured above is Clara and her family in Rome.

Clara is very involved at BU. Honestly, I don’t know how she has the time for everything! Along with being a writer for Her Campus, she is in three other clubs. She is a member of Delta Phi Epsilon, which is a professional co-ed fraternity. She is the Vice President of the Residence Hall Association at Kilachand Hall. She is also a member of the Mock Trial Organization where students compete in simulations of court trials.

When I asked her about why she chose BU, she said because of the “big percentage of international students, how it was near to the city,” and when she visited BU’s campus “[she] just knew.”

Clara told me that the reason she joined Her Campus was that it “seemed like a community of women supporting each other.” The club also gives “you lots of freedom” in writing articles.

Read below for some other fast facts about Clara!

Dream job - “Something to do with international law and human rights”

Favorite TV show - How to Get Away with Murder

Favorite book - The Girls by Emma Cline”

Favorite food - “My mom’s spaghetti Bolognese”

Favorite part about BU - “The niche communities within BU or the ninth floor in Kilachand”

When interviewing Clara, I realized that no matter how busy she is, she will always put all of energy and passion into whatever she does. In the future, I can see her being an incredible lawyer that is constantly fighting for justice!

Look out for Clara’s articles that are about “anything and everything” and are all amazing!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterestboard, and read our latest Tweets!