you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How to End Your Semester Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With the end of the semester coming to a close, it’s important to take the necessary steps to ensure you end strong. I have compiled a list of ways everyone can stay on top of their school work and maintain their mental and physical health. 

Get a Full Night of Sleep

Sleep is one of the most important things we need. Instead of pulling an all-nighter, get a good night’s sleep and wake up early to finish your last-minute studying. You will have a better headspace going into an exam when you’re well-rested. You will likely do much better on exams if you got a full night of sleep. If you are studying all day, even a thirty-minute nap can be enough to keep you going. So remember while you’re studying, take time to rest. 

Eat Full, Healthy Meals

Having a well balanced meal can help mobilize your energy. Without eating properly, you will be tired and less focused when studying or preparing for the last few weeks in your classes. While snacking can be tempting, try eating full and hearty meals to save your energy. 

Use your Planner

Having a planner during the last few weeks is essential. If you don’t already have one, go get one. You should be writing down all of your study plans and STICKING TO IT. Make a check mark next to each item and check it off when you’re done. Without a planner, it’s impossible to stay on top of things in the last few weeks. 

Break a Sweat

While studying and staying focused is good, it’s also important to take breaks and release some endorphins. Go to a yoga class, go on a run, or go to the gym. Even sweating for thirty minutes will be a great stress reliever and allow you to be more focused when you return to doing work. 

Make a To-Do List

Take a blank sheet of paper and write down a list of goals you want to accomplish before the end of the semester. Check them off as you work through them and always keep them posted on your bathroom or vanity mirror. 

Go To Office Hours

Going to office hours is a good way to ensure you are making the most out of the end of the semester. Whether it’s to review material or just talk to professors, going to office hours can make a big difference.

Take time For Yourself

Taking breaks is important. Take the time to study during the day and reward yourself with one episode of your favorite TV show at the end of the night. While doing well is important, mental health should be the priority. 

We all want to do the most to succeed the last few weeks of the semester. Make sure to keep these tips in mind when you get towards the end! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.