matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Jesus entered Jerusalem in a DONKEY, which according to the Eastern tradition is an animal of peace. This reminds us that Jesus is the Prince of Peace, not a war-waging king.

Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord

or Palm Sunday is the commemoration of Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem that takes place about a week before about a week before his Resurrection (Easter).

Palm Sunday Accounts

Matthew 21:1-11

Mark 11:1-11

Luke 19:28-44

John 12:12-19

Why do we have palms?

According to the Gospels, when Jesus rode into Jerusalem, crowards greeted him by waving palms and covering his path with small branches of trees.

On Palm Sunday, priests will wear red vestments in keeping with the Church’s focus on the Lord’s glorious Passion.

Traditionally, before the beginning of Lent the following year, the palms are collected, burned to a fine ash. The ashes are blessed and used for the Ash Wednesday liturgy.

Hosana! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord – the King of Israel! John 12:13

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.