This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brock U chapter.

Natasha Campbell, a fourth-year Psychology student says, “Women get hired less because they downplay what’s on their resume”. Why is this the case? Why don’t we believe in ourselves let alone others confiding in us? Why do women not apply to higher-ranked positions when they are entirely eligible to it, but men do? “I think I should get a participation mark of eight out of ten because I did this and that,” said a male student in a class group chat. On the other hand, all the female students in the same class as this male student and Natasha were having self-doubt of their deserving grade in that class. They presumed it would be too rude, egoistic, and over-confident to be demanding a perfect score although they are deserving of it for being fully engaged in class discussions; almost anybody in that class could tell! What Men Want, a 2019 film-currently in trend describes how almost every woman in power feels about their job. Ms. Henson is portrayed as the only woman in an institution led and surrounded by just men. She was persecuted for her abilities and her ideas were suppressed continually. Once after she acquired the telepathic power from the psychic, she discovered the real her and grew stronger out of her problems and straight out of the sexist company with a huge win in hand. Being loud about your successes as a woman is healthy rather than being insecure about it and going through imposter syndrome. Women in leadership positions can be very intimidating but accepting. Normalizing equality in the workplace is of top priority because when a woman cannot be treated right, the system will not function so well. My advice to all women out there: 

1. Identify your self-limiting beliefs a. I am not as confident as the other interviewees b. I got this job by fluke and not because I deserve it.

2. Challenge yourself a.Tailor yourself to the job description b. I got this! This seems like an easy win.

3. Re-write your story a. I am confident about myself b. I am worthy of this job and will do justice to the job position.

Hey there! I'm Krithika and I am passionate about advocating for mental health and humanity especially women. Fun fact about me: An atypical accomplishment I am proud of is the cooking skills that I try once every blue moon.