alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

The new year hits, January passes by, then comes February. Suddenly, it’s beginning to feel warm outside. You soon realize that your jeans, jackets, and faux fur boots can no longer be a crutch to hide the weight that was packed on during the winter months. It’s Spring time, and you notice that everyone is showing more skin, and looking cute while you battle an internal dilemma. Your plagued with the idea to lose weight fast in an unrealistic amount of time, so that you too can feel summer-time fine.

We’ve all heard the saying “don’t lose weight too fast, or you’ll gain the pounds back – plus some”. Yes, losing weight can be super difficult, especially if you’re not mentally ready, and disciplined, but the journey of it all is worth it. One of the most essential tips to weight loss is to love yourself, and your body during the current, and future stages. Regardless if there is setbacks, or bumps in the road during your weight loss journey, you will love what you see in the mirror. Fitting into a tight dress, or the changing seasons shouldn’t define your beauty.

Set realistic goals, and along the way reward yourself. Eat a well-balanced diet, sneak in a few treats, and get active. There are plenty of apps that can help you. MyFitnessPal can be used to  track your daily calories and macros. Delicious recipes can be found by searching through Pinterest. Also, YouTube is a great resource to find workout ideas, or quick 30 minute free workouts. Don’t make yourself miserable by bungling up in excess clothing during the warm weather months. Set realistic goals if you’re making an attempt to lose weight, and release unrealistic expectations of yourself.