This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

No matter what your skin type, oily or dry, clear or acne prone, having a solid skincare routine is important. It makes a difference in how makeup applies on your face and helps keep your skin looking younger and healthier. Here are some products that are must haves in my skincare routine, along with specific brands that I have been using lately.

Makeup Wipes: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – These are great for people with sensitive skin, and they are able to take off most of my makeup, even waterproof mascara. I use a makeup wipe every night as a first step in my skincare process.

Micellar Water: Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Cleanser & Waterproof Makeup Remover – This product is newer to my routine, but I have found it is a must. After using a makeup wipe I put some of the micellar water on a cotton round and go over my face, always finding there was some leftover makeup that the wipe wasn’t able to remove. Micellar water can also be used on its own as a makeup remover, which can help to shorten your skincare routine.

Face Wash: Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash – I tried this face wash over the summer, and I have noticed a difference in my skin when using it consistently. It is a gel type cleanser, but it also is thin and is gentle for those who have sensitive skin. It also targets problem areas on the skin, which has helped my acne clear up.

Toner: Thayer’s Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner – An essential step in my skincare routine is using a toner. This targets any areas of acne and helps to treat them while also being gentle. I usually put some on a cotton round and rub it on the areas of my skin that need the most help.

Acne Spot Treatment: Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel – This acne treatment has been a lifesaver and is worth its high price tag. This product comes in a small bottle but a little bit goes a long way. Put the product on any open acne on your face and you will wake up the next day with pimples being almost nonexistent. I tend to only use this product when I have a larger problem area on my face and only apply it to the area that needs help.

Moisturizer: Philosophy Purity Made Simple Moisturizer – This moisturizer has made a difference in the texture of my skin and I feel it is one everybody should give a try. It is priced a little high, but I have been using my first bottle for a few months and still have a lot of product left in the container. A small amount of this product is sufficient for the whole face and it gives your skin a healthy glow as a bonus.

Facial Spray: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater – A final step to my skincare routine is a facial spray. I find it works well on top of a moisturizer yet doesn’t feel too heavy, and it leaves your skin feeling refreshed before you head off to bed. This product is also great for using before applying makeup and as a setting spray throughout the day.

Image: 1

Sarah Donlan

Bentley '21

I am currently a senior at Bentley University, majoring in Accounting and minoring in CIS. My favorite articles to write are about makeup as well as productivity tips. 
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.