This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Calling all French fry lovers.

Shoutout to McCormick for sending Her Campus Old Bay seasoning! We decided to use this in our latest edition of Orso’s Corner. We found the recipe online via McCormick’s website, but here are some of our steps and guidelines to follow along.

Ingredients:

3 Potatoes

Old Bay Seasoning

Salt

Water

Pepper

Your choice of condiments :)

Steps:

1. Wash the potatoes.

2. Peel the potatoes.

3. Slice the potatoes into fry-shaped wedges. This is where you can get creative if you want to try different shapes. We wanted to stick with the typical French fry shape, as shown below.

4. Soak the potato slices in warm water for about half an hour.

5. Strain the water from the potatoes.

6. Place the potato wedges in a plastic bag and add in the Old Bay seasoning. Thanks, Her Campus, for these free samples!

7. Shake the bag to make sure the fries get evenly coated with seasoning. Feel free to add as much or as little seasoning as you please.

8. Place fries on a lined cooking sheet and place in oven for 40 minutes. Flip after 20 min.

9. Take out your fries and enjoy with any condiments of your choice!

(We kept our fries in for a little bit longer to make them a little bit more crispy.)

Check out our last article here and watch out for our next article from Orso’s Corner!

1

Annie Romanzo

Bentley '20

Hi! I am a junior at Bentley and majoring in Finance with a minor in Spanish. I am currently a loan director of the microfinance club and just recently ran a half marathon!
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.