Her Campus BC, SWSG at BC, and Georgetown Cupcakes Present This Year’s She’s the First Bake Sale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Newbury Street is coming to BC next Wednesday!  To be more precise, Georgetown Cupcake is coming to BC.  If you’ve gotten tired of snacking on the same old cookies and frozen yogurt, treat yourself to a Georgetown Cupcake.  The best part?  They are only $3.  Her Campus BC and Strong Women, Strong Girls at BC will be selling the cupcakes— among other baked goods— starting at 11am on Wednesday November, 14th in Mac.  With only 200 cupcakes, the treats will be going quickly, so stop by early!  

Students from D.C. have probably heard of both Georgetown Cupcakes and the sisters who started the franchise, Katherine Berman and Sophie LaMontagne.  Besides owning one of the most famous pastry shops on the East Coast, the two co-founders have starred on TLC and written a book, The Cupcake Diaries. Their cupcakes have been featured in publications like The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.  Now the famous Georgetown Cupcakes are on campus and they’re only $3!!

Her Campus BC, Strong Women, Strong Girls, and Georgetown Cupcakes have partnered up to bring these cupcakes to you.  Along with the cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake, we will have other baked goods and a raffle for some amazing prizes!!  All of these amazing and women-comprised organizations have come together for a very special cause: to support She’s the First.  She’s the First is a non-profit organization that provides young girls in developing regions of the world with the tools that they will need to graduate.  Many of these girls are the first female members of their families to complete a secondary education.  All proceeds from the bake sale and raffle will go directly to supporting young girls sponsored by She’s the First.  Remember when you are buying a delicious cupcake next Wednesday, you are also sponsoring an education.  Bring your cash and come support and celebrate She’s the First with Her Campus BC and Strong Women, Strong Girls next week in Mac!

Event details are available on Facebook.

To learn more about both of these wonderful organizations and their efforts to promote gender equality, follow them on Twitter at: @shesthefirst and @GTownCupcake

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.