Starbucks Drinks that Taste like Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

Temperatures are starting to drop and the leaves are changing color. Fall is finally here, so bring on the pumpkin spice and everything nice! We’ve compiled a list of some of the best seasonal drinks to get at Starbucks this fall. 

Pumpkin Spice Latte

The Pumpkin Spice Latte is a classic fall drink. There’s a reason people mark their calendars each year for the day Starbucks brings back the PSL.

Review: It’s a seasonal classic that goes great hot or iced. Pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg flavors make the PSL perfect for a cozy day at home or out and about. The orange hue from the pumpkin syrup (made with real pumpkin!) makes this drink even more festive, and it tastes as festive as it looks!

How to Order: Choose a size and temperature then ask for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Optional: if you opt for cold, request light ice! 

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew

The Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew was new to the menu last year. This drink quickly became a seasonal favorite amongst cold brew fanatics and coffee lovers alike.

Review: The smooth and rich Starbucks cold brew topped with delightful pumpkin-enhanced cream makes for sips that are equally refreshing and comforting. This drink comes with Vanilla syrup in the coffee. It is slightly sweeter than typical cold brew, but not overwhelming. If you want to kick up the sweetness, order it with White Mocha syrup in the coffee as well!

How to Order: Choose a size then ask for a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew (or with White Mocha in the coffee). 

Salted Caramel Mocha

Another cozy drink to fall in love with this autumn. Mocha sauce and toffee nut syrup come together with coffee and steamed milk to create a new seasonal classic. If you aren’t much of a pumpkin spice person, this one’s for you! 

Review: Whether you drink it hot or iced, it is delicious! The whipped cream, caramel drizzle and a blend of turbinado sugar and sea salt on top makes the first few sips really fun. Sweet and salty, just like the fall weather.

How to Order: Choose a size and temperature then ask for a Salted Caramel Mocha.

Pumpkin Chai

This drink grew popular on tiktok, we just had to try it! It’s not officially on the menu but it should be.

Review: LOVE THIS ONE! Fall dreams came true with this drink. The orange foam on top creates a festively colorful fall drink. Sip after sip, it’s pure autumn bliss!

How to order: Choose a size and ask for an iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam on top. Extra fun: make it a dirty chai by adding a shot of espresso!

Pumpkin Flat White

This drink is the PSL’s close cousin. The kick of espresso makes it a great pick-me-up after class or before a study session.

Review: Compared to a latte, a flat white’s coffee to milk ratio is heavier on the coffee side with steamed whole milk and no foam. Starbucks’ flat white uses ristretto shots to create a sweeter, more intense coffee flavor. Adding pumpkin syrup makes it an espresso lover’s perfect fall drink!

How to Order: Ask for an iced flat white with pumpkin syrup. Extra fun: request whipped cream and pumpkin spice on top for that classic PSL finish! 

Iced Blonde Cinnamon Almondmilk Macchiato 

Although this one is not an “official” fall drink, its warm cinnamon flavors are worthy of an honorable mention. 

Review: This drink could easily be renamed “snickerdoodle latte” because that’s exactly what it tastes like, in the very best way. Get your cookie and caffeine fix satisfied by one cup of coffee!

How to Order: Choose a size then ask for an Iced Blonde Cinnamon Almondmilk Macchiato. If your store doesn’t offer this on the menu, ask for an iced latte with cinnamon dolce syrup, almondmilk, shots on top, and caramel drizzle.

Cinnamon Chai

Move over Cinnabon, this drink is like sipping on a cinnamon roll! Perfect for all our non-coffee drinkers out there who want to join in on the fun seasonal orders. 

Review: Chai and cinnamon go together perfectly. Even if you get it iced, the warming spices in this combo will leave you feeling extra cozy. 

How to Order: Choose a size then ask for a chai tea latte (hot or iced) with cinnamon dolce (maximum flavor: 6 pumps for venti, 4 pumps for grande, 2 pumps for tall). Extra fun: make it a dirty chai by adding a shot of espresso! 

It won’t be long until pumpkin’s out and peppermint’s in, so get these drinks before they’re gone!

Fashion Merchandising major with minors in Marketing & French. Editor-in-Chief of HC Ball State & very involved on campus. Passionate about fashion, food, travel, & all things sustainability!
Clare Sexton

Ball State '23

Clare is a sophomore at Ball State studying Fashion Merchandising and Marketing. In addition to being a member of the Ball State HerCampus team, Clare is the Fundraising Chair for the Fashion Merchandising Association and a member of the Fashion Design Society. She is also the Director of Merchandise for Alpha Gamma Delta, Beta Tau.