Meet Ball State: Williams Hall

Editor's note: Meet Ball State is a weekly series that features Ball State students, faculty and alumni. In this week's addition, multiple voices speak on behlaf of the group at-large.

Ten alumni (who graduated between the years of 1966 and 1970), stopped to chat with HC Ball State this week. The old friends, whom all lived in Williams Hall together while at Ball State, visited their old "home away from," and during their stop, took a moment to chat with HC Ball State about what his life has been like since leaving BSU.

Check out what the guys have to say about college memories, job advice and life planning during our Q&A with the BSU alums:

What is your favorite Ball State memory?

We have too many! Maybe it was all the times we would band together and do something radical that would change things around here. We used to do a lot of crazy stuff, but there was nothing like being around your best friends and living free.

What is your life like now?

We've got great lives, now, I would say. Most of us got jobs and some of us didn't get fired (laughs). We're old now, so some of us are retired now, too. We still think about our memories here, so maybe that's part of life now in the back of our heads.

How hard was it to find a job after graduating?

We didn't have a lot of trouble back then, but things are not the same now, I know. You have to know what you're looking for.

What do you wish you could go back and do if you were still in college?

I think we all wish we could relive some of these crazy college days. There was always something to do, someone else was always awake when you were and there was always someone ready to pounce on you and pull a joke. Maybe playing softball here again with all the guys, I would love that.

What advice do you have for undergraduates at Ball State now?

Make change, do great things. College kids today aren't like they used to be. Get out there and don't be afraid to ruffle some feathers once in awhile – it might do you more good than you think.