MEET BALL STATE: Mindy Waters

Editor's note: Meet Ball State is a weekly series that features Ball State students, faculty and alumni. A picture of Mindy was not available at the time of publish.

Mindy Waters, a 2005 graduate from Ball State University, stopped to chat with HC Ball State this week. The cardinal turned accounting assistant stopped to chat with HC Ball State about what his life has been like since leaving BSU.

Check out what Mindy has to say about college memories, job advice and life planning during our Q&A with the BSU alumna:

What is your favorite Ball State memory?

It was always Homecoming – that's the big deal at Ball State. I can remember – it really wasn't that long ago – be really excited all week for the football game and just having a lot of friends with friends around that time every year.

What is your life like now?

I work at an accounting firm, I'm married and I have two dogs. So, pretty basic, I guess. We also just recently bought a house, though, so we're working on everything that comes with that.

How hard was it to find a job after graduating?

You know, it can have its ups and downs, but I started looking a few months before graduating which was a huge help. I know there were – probably still are – some people who kind of waited too late to look for anything which got them a little stressed out.

What do you wish you could go back and do if you were still in college?

I don't think I would really want to go back and anything as a student, but I would love to just go back and visit more.

What advice do you have for undergraduates at Ball State now?

Do what you love.