Meet Ball State: Lisa Hopwood

Lisa Hopwood, a 1999 graduate from Ball State University, stopped to chat with HC Ball State this week. The preschool teacher and mom of three took some time to chat with HC Ball State about what his life has been like since leaving BSU.

Check out what Lisa has to say about college memories, job advice and life planning during our Q&A with the BSU alum:

What is your favorite Ball State memory?

I used be active in volunteering with other students there and I really loved it. We were able to do so many different things, and I think that helped a lot, even in who I am today.

What is your life like now?

I am a preschool teacher and a mom. I used to be a stay-at-mom, but once my kids were old enough, I decided to go back and teach. I mean, any mom will tell you how busy we all are, especially while working but I still live it and love it.

How hard was it to find a job after graduating?

I've worked in a lot of private schools as a teacher, so that's just kind of always been my thing. I don't mind. It wasn't very hard then, but it's probably hard now just because you can't always just go and live and work where you want to.

What do you wish you could go back and do if you were still in college?

I don't think there's anything I didn't do that I wanted to!

What advice do you have for undergraduates at Ball State now?

Find some activities that help you get involved but also challenge you – it will help so much when you join the workforce.