Meet Ball State: Demi Rogers

Editor's note: Meet Ball State is a weekly series that features Ball State students, faculty and alumni. A picture of Demi was not available at the time of publish.

Demi Rogers, a 2004 graduate from Ball State University, stopped to chat with HC Ball State this week. The cardinal turned teacher now lives in Pennsylvania, but that doesn't mean she's lost her Hoosier roots.

Check out what Demi has to say about college memories, job advice and life planning during our Q&A with the BSU alumna:

What is your favorite Ball State memory?

Homecoming was my favorite part of every year at Ball State. There would be so many people on the campus and there were so many things to do – it was really a great time. I think that whole week of time each year is my favorite.

What is your life like now?

I'm a kindergarten teacher and I live about seven hours from Muncie now. I'm married – currently at the end of the school year – so looking forward to Winter Break.

How hard was it to find a job after graduating?

I made the choice to look for jobs closer to the East Coast because I have a lot of family here, so I had to narrow my options a bit in terms of where I was going to look for work. This isn't where I've been working since graduating, but I took the time I needed to find this job in this spot.

What do you wish you could go back and do if you were still in college?

I think I would want to go back to Homecoming now, honestly. I haven't been in a pretty long time, and that would be so cool to actually go back again. Maybe next year.

What advice do you have for undergraduates at Ball State now?

Graduate! Yeah, I guess that would be my advice – do what you have to do to graduate and get your degree. It really helps in the "real world," I would say.