Meet Ball State: Carly Michaelson

Editor's note: Meet Ball State is a weekly series that features Ball State students, faculty and alumni.

Carly Michaelson, a 2009 Ball State alumna, stopped to chat with HC Ball State this week. The recent grad is now a marketing assistant in Fort Wayne, and although she lives a busy life, took a moment to chat with HC Ball State about what his life has been like since leaving BSU.

Check out what th guys have to say about college memories, job advice and life planning during our Q&A with the BSU alums:

What is your favorite Ball State memory?

I used to do a lot of intrumeral sports while I was there, and I loved going outside to some of the playing fields and kicking the soccer ball around with friends. But on a more personal level, I guess, my favorite memory would be meeting my (now) husband there.

What is your life like now?

I got married after graduating, and now I go to work and have a lot of things going on there. We're thinking about doing some traveling – my husband and I – so maybe taking a few weeks or even months and just going around and traveling while we still can.

How hard was it to find a job after graduating?

Honestly they scare you a lot talking about how you won't find a job, but it's not hard if you look and you apply and you don'y give up. You might have to let yourself be underemployed for a little bit, but you can move up the ladder pretty quick if you're hard-working.

What do you wish you could go back and do if you were still in college?

I don't think I have a huge desire to go back and do anything. I'm probably going to go back and apply for graduate schools in some places, but life isn't a big college campus, it's a lot more than that.

What advice do you have for undergraduates at Ball State now?

Follow your heart and your dreams. Also, don't waste time doing things or hanging out with people who aren't going to push you and motivate you to be the best you can be.