Rebecca Inman: Future Army Intelligence Lieutenant

Meet one of App State’s finest, Rebecca Inman, future Army Intelligence Lieutenant. She majors in Global Studies with a focus in peace, conflict, and human rights. Adding to her courseload, she has a double minor in French and military science. Rebecca has been involved in ROTC during her time at Appalachian and come May 13, she will commission as a Lieutenant alongside 16 of her peers. Following commissioning and graduation, she will leave for Fort Huachuca in Arizona for five months of training.

As a cadet of ROTC, her schedule is demanding, but she doesn’t stop her involvement there. She is the president of the local scabbard and blade chapter, an ROTC-based honor society that works to develop leadership through philanthropy. This year, she was a member of the Ranger Challenge Team, a military based competition and varsity sport. Annually, she trains and participates in the Mountain Man Memorial March. Proceeds go to Gold Star families, families who have lost a loved one in combat. The Memorial March is a Ruck Marathon (26.2 miles). She also use to be a member of Chi Omega where she relished the time she had working with Make A Wish and her wonderful sisters. I can only imagine the difficulty of fitting her resume to two pages.

In ROTC, Rebecca is currently serving as a Platoon Leader. This position resembles the position she and many of her commissioning peers will hold in the Army after completing their training (BOLC).  She enjoys being in this position because it gives her more opportunity to work closely with underclassmen cadets and aid in their development.

When asked what draws her to the military, Rebecca explained how she grew up in a military family, but never imagined being in the position she is in. For years she struggled with deciding on a career path. She tried everything from exercise science to fermentation science, but nothing seemed right. Her sophomore year, she committed to App’s ROTC program and “finally recognized what should have been obvious to her all along.” She explained the work ethic, selfless service, and unparalleled patriotism exhibited by soldiers is what drew her to the military. “I have an unwavering desire to serve and protect this nation’s sons and daughters, and am honored to carry this responsibility.”

It’s obvious she has her priorities straight with her response to anything else she wanted to add. She stated that her favorite things, in no particular order, are: puppies, America, and craft beer.

Rebecca is a driven, hard working, and America-loving student here at App. We are truly blessed to have her as a part of our Appalachian family and wish her all the luck with her training and career in the US Army.

Thank you Rebecca for everything you will do for this country.