This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

On Sunday night, we all settled into our couches to judge performances, winners and, of course, celebrity outfits. The ever elusive Grammy Awards and all the star studded artists were out in their luxurious, custom made gowns (and suits). Here are the looks that gave us serious heart eyes.

Lady Gaga

Gaga stole the show last night, from her phenomenal performance of “Shallow” to her stunning sequin Celine dress on the red carpet. She walked away with two Grammys: Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, out of her four nominations.

Miley Cyrus

Miley, along with a few other female celebrities, decided to forgo the elegant gowns this year and rock an oversized tuxedo jacket by Mugler and matching black flares. She may not have been nominated for any Grammys last night, but Miley killed her two performances alongside Shawn Mendes and Maren Morris and Dolly Parton.  

H.E.R.

Best New Artist nominee, H.E.R., showed up on the red carpet in a brilliant purple and blue custom Coach jumpsuit, which immediately caught everyone’s eye. H.E.R. was up for a total of four Grammys last night and walked away with two of the four: Best R&B Album and Best R&B Performance.

Shawn Mendes

On the red carpet, men tend to either stick to traditional black suits or go with something completely out there that doesn’t always work. Shawn, on the other hand, decided to step out of the box in the right way with his tieless, cobalt blue suit while still maintaining a bit of a traditional feel. He was nominated for two Grammys, Best Pop Vocal Album and Song of the Year, and performed his hit “In My Blood” alongside Miley Cyrus.  

Bebe Rexha

By far, our favorite look of the night was Bebe Rexha’s stunning Monsoori ball gown. She truly looked like a princess. Bebe was nominated for her very first Grammy last night, Best New Artist, but unfortunately lost to fellow Albanian, Dua Lipa. 

Honorable Mention: Ariana Grande

Even though Ariana did not attend the 2019 Grammys, this list wouldn’t be complete without including her custom Zac Posen “Cinderella” ball gown. Despite not attending the event itself, Ariana decided the gown was too special to not show off and posted a set of pictures of her wearing it on Instagram. Ariana’s night ended on a high, as she ended up winning her very first Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album.

Dianna is a graduate of the class of 2019 at Appalachian State University where she studied Public Relations, Journalism and English. At Her Campus, she served as App State's campus correspondent and editor-in-chief.