This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Thick eyebrows are on the rise, and these days we are seeing full brows with almost every type of look. For years, makeup artists have emphasized how important eyebrows are because they frame the face, bring life to your eyes, and give the makeup a cleaner, more structured look.

As someone who was born with fuller brows to begin with, I tend to focus on creating more shape to my brows, which look fuller upon completion. Once I started filling in my brows, I felt that doing so completed my makeup routine. Accentuating my brows gave my face life, as well as my eyes. Learning how to do my brows the right way was a game-changer in my beauty routine.

Sephora as well as many drug stores carry endless eyebrow filling products, and it is easy to get overwhelmed. From stencils and pencils to powders and various other tools, it is difficult to figure out which products are right for you. With that being said, HCAU has an eyebrow filling process that requires only two products.

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Brow Pencil $21.00

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel $22.00

Steps To Follow:

1. When deciding on a color to fill in your brows with, choose one that is slightly lighter than your actual hair color. If you have dark brown hair, for example, use a color like “soft brown” when purchasing a “brow wiz” pencil.

2. Take the brush end of your “brow wiz” through your eyebrows in an outward sweeping motion to make them look as natural as possible.

3. Focusing on the arch of the eyebrow, fill in where you seen gaps on the upper part of the arch, then continue to bring the pencil outward ending with the tail of the brow.

4. Don’t extend the end of the brow too much, and try not to bring the eyebrows closer together. This creates an artificial look that deviates too far from your natural brow shape. The trick is to fill them in to the point where they still look like your natural brows.

5. Now, take the brush end of your “brow wiz” and move the brow hair upward, that way you are able to see what gaps on the lower parts of the brows that have to be filled in. Proceed to fill them in. Once that is done, brush through the brows normally to see the progress made so far.

6. Next, focus on the inner parts of the brow. It is crucial to not make the inner portion of the brow as dark as the tail. This will create a much more natural look.

7. Create thin, light, vertical strokes in the inner portion of your eye to mirror the way that hair lays naturally.

8. Use a q-tip and clean up the edges of the brows to create a more flawless look.

9. Brush through the brow again to blend the product from the inner to the outer part of the brow.

10. Finally, take the “Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel” and brush it lightly through each eyebrow. The gel will set the product into the brows and prevent your brow hairs from getting out of place.

This may look like a long process, but in total it only takes about ten minutes or less. These steps will help to create flawless, full, shapely and natural looking brows that will complete your look by making it fierce, feminine and flirty. 

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3