Transitions

Transicions can be difficult, specially for those who experience loads of anxiety. Trusting God can also be difficult for this same reason. I encourage you to give it a shot.

What is a transition? The word “transition” is defined as:

“The process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another”. This can mean many things such as moving to another house, going to college, changing schools, living in another country, starting a new relationahip, the loss of employment, the start of a new job, and even the loss of a loved one. Basically, it is anything that involves a change that causes in us and those around us an emotional response. Even positive changes can be difficult and need to be adapted to. 

In fact, some changes can mean going through tha 5 stages of grief pruposed by Kübler-Ross. The 5 stages are: denial, anger, bargainjng, depression, and acceptance. These usually occur when we do not want to change, but we must. In other words, we have not chosen the change but it is something that has been imposed on us. In this situation, our emotional wellbeing might be compromised and we should consider seeking help. 

A transition can involve leaving part of your old self or your old life behind. It means a change in the way of thinking, percieving and feeling. Usually, it involves re-estructuring relationships ( having a new role in your family, spending less time with parents and more with your significant other, becoming a supervisor, being a leader instead of a follower, having a baby, getting married, etc.) This process can be difficult and anxiety-provoking. Sometimes, we can feel “bad” even if we know this is what we want. We can doubt even if this what we have been wishing and praying for. 

And this is the part where God comes in because He always shows up at perfect moments. 

Numbers 23:19

God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God is telling you that His plans are perfect, and that He built a path for us since before our birth. God tells us to let go of our own understanding, anxiety and worry. He tells us to simply trust. Even when things are going too fast, even if we feel we cannot adapt quickly enough, even when things don’t go at our pace, He tells us to wholeheartedly trust. 

So I be brave enough to trust. Transitions can be confusing but one thing is certain to me: Important changes involve lots of sacrifice and lots of love. 

Tagged: