A Good Dream

" It's never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over". - F. Scott Fitzgerald

We have all thought about giving up. We have felt tired and wondered if we can actually measaure up. Can I achieve those goals? Can I make it? Will I be strong enough? Am I even worthy of them? There’s a lot of competition out there. Am I enough? Will everything pay off in the end? Can I overcome all of the societal, economic and family problema that arise? 

And even if we could do all those things, it will be difficult years. It will mean anxiety and fear and sacrifice. It can even mean weight gain or weight loss or any other physycal changes. Our relationships with others will change. Our eating and sleeping patterns will change. Everything we were used to do will definitely change. 

We have aspirations, dreams, images of what we want our future to be like and we have fought for those dreams for years. Sometimes, that could mean our entire lives. Sooner or later, we are sure to experience doubt. Insecurity and desperation will begin creeping in our minds and hearts. We grow tired. Our time sums up to nothing. Musicians play less music, athletes stop training, book lovers and writers stop reading and writing. 

Sometimes, our loved ones don’t understand. They express to us how terribly they miss us, how we are never home anymore, that all we think about is getting to that place. That place we’ve fought for so diligently, determinedly, and persistently. They look at us with longing, smile halfheartedly and say that they know we do our best. 

But I am here to tell you today that it is all worth it. That dream will become reality sooner than later. You will see all of your sacrifices before your eyes and be grateful you made them. You will look back with a grateful heart. 

I believe in your strength and the beauty of your dreams. I believe in the goodness of the heart that created those dreams. Don’t give up on them or yourself. It will pay off. You’re worth it. 

I am very proud of you. I hope you can be proud of exactly who you are and where you stand today.  Above all, God is proud of you. He knows you and He loves you. He has perfect plans, a neatly paved road for you and He wouldn’t have it any other way.