Welcome To The Committee: Barbora Krskova

Name: Barbora Krskova

Age: 21

Degree: Business Management & Psychology

Hometown: Bratislava, Slovakia

Committee Position: Editor

HC: Hi Barbora! It’s been a long summer, what have you been up to the past few months?

BK: A bit of Everything actually! I kicked off my summer with a volunteer work camp in June, then in July I interned at a HR development company back home, and then in August I went on a family holiday to Sardinia! In between all of that I did a lot of chilling on the sofa watching travel documentaries.

HC: That sounds amazing! As we head back to university, what are you most excited about this year?

BK: Well, it is my last year so I am equal parts excited and terrified. I am kind of excited about my thesis. I am really happy with who I got as a supervisor, as well as the topic I came up with!

HC: You have been a member of Her Campus for 2 years, what made you originally join?

BK: I wasn’t a member in my first year, but I kept seeing the members around campus and I was intrigued. Then in the second year I walked up to the stall at the feshers fayre to ask what’s this Her Campus thng about.  Jess (who as social sec back then) told me it was all about girls sticking together and hanging out. This sounded good enough to me! I joined and I was delighted when I learned I could write articles as well!

HC: You were on the committee last year as well, so you are a real expert! What are you looking forward to within Her Campus the most this year?

BK: Haha, I don’t know if I’d call myself an expert, but I’ll take it, thank you! This year I would like to be involved more with the public relations side of the society. I’m also helping out with the HCAU insta this year, which is exciting!

HC: What advice would you give to any first years looking to get involved in university life this year?

BK: Don’t be shy and try out as many societies as possible! Try things you’ve never tried before! You might surprise yourself and fall in love with doing something you’ve never done before!

All Photos: Barbora’s own

Emilie Turner

Aberdeen '18

obladi oblada life goes on rah