This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Although Spring takes a little longer to fully blossom in Aberdeen, it is never too early to look the part as we say hello to a bit more sunshine and double-digit temperatures. Welcoming spring involves leaving behind the blacks, greys, and dark reds and making room for some peachy, bright, happy colours. One of the simplest, yet effective, ways of doing this is by changing up your nail polish.

Essie nail polish is hands down the best brand out there for quality, colour range and the bank balance. There is just something so aesthetically pleasing about the simplicity and sophistication of the bottles and the display that makes you want to have them all!

To welcome spring, I have narrowed down my collection to my FIVE favourite spring colours that make me happy every time I look down and am reminded that warmer weather is on its way.

Ballet Slippers: This colour is the perfect everyday nail polish for any occasion. It gives the effect of perfectly manicured nails with only two coats and rumour has it – it is also the Queen’s favourite colour, which is obviously saying something.

Resort Fling: Orange might not be your go-to spring colour of choice but this shade is a lovely subtle yet statement-worthy polish that will brighten up any outfit for spring.

Splash of Grenadine: The newest addition to my collection and I haven’t taken it off since I bought it. So bright and cheerful and the perfect purpley pink for spring time.

Mint Candy Apple: Is it blue? Is it green? I can’t decide, but it is beautiful. A staple pastel that changes according to your skin tone and looks lovely with all outfits whatever your spring mood will be.

Cute as a Button: the name says it all! This lovely pinky, coral-y polish is an ideal sunny shade for all those spring events to come.

Not only do they have cute names but these nail polishes are the most long lasting and happy making colours out there. So as we bid farewell to those wintery blues, what better way is there to put a big smile on your face than by brightening up your nails with fabulous spring colours!

Alice Low

Aberdeen

Currently a 3rd year undergraduate at the University of Aberdeen studying English Literature. And the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus Aberdeen.